Baseball’s regular season runs from April till September and there are 162 games —per team! Then the postseason starts. Unlike the college basketball postseason (tournament) that is over in 10 days of gameplay, the MLB postseason goes on until the end of October.
So, I’m asking: are you ready to Play Ball? Or, well, at least watch it?
Last year we created a ton of guides to baseball–from the basics like players, positions, terms and scoring to tips on how to watch the World Series of Boredom er, Baseball.
This year, we’ll be expanding the guides and adding more advanced teachings. There will also be team and player profiles. Anyone interested in writing/promoting their favorite team (and getting free and shameless promotion to their own sites) please email assignment_desk AT stilettoSETsports DOT com.
Reasons to Watch Baseball
- Why Hitting a Ball With a Stick is Fun To Watch: Top Ten Reasons to Watch MLB Baseball!
- Why You Should Say “Take Me Out To The Ballgame”: Top Ten Reasons to go See A Live MLB Game
The Girls’ Guide to Baseball
- Girl’s Guide to Baseball Basics: How many players are on a team? How long is a game? What is a “good” batting average?
- Baseabll Terms to Know: Bat. Ball. Strike. Bases Loaded. Tushy. Ya know, all the important things!
- Baseball Positions: Nine Guys + Nine Different Positions = Loads of Fun. Need I say more?
- Guide to Pro Baseball: The AL and the NL of the MLB. OMG, what? LOL!
- The Objective of Baseball: aka Why Do They Sing, One, Two, Three Strikes You’re Out?:
- A Girl’s Guide to Scoring in Baseball: Football has goals and touchdowns. Soccer and hockey have goals. Basketball has, well, baskets. So what does one score in baseball? Runs and bases, yes. but do you know the differnce between a Grand Slam, an earned run, and an RBI?
Girl’s Guide to Surviving the World Series
- How to Survive the World Series of Boredom: Fun facts and bits of trivia to wow any baseball fan. It totally freaks people out that I know that the 1989 World Series is known as the Battle of the Bay and the Earthquake Series.
- There’s Only One October: a quick guide to the MLB playoffs/postseason and how it works.
- There’s Only One October 2008 Commercials: The commercials that actually made me want to watch baseball!
Books, Movies, Gifts and More!
- Baseball Movies for Girls who like crying in baseball and movies
- Baseball Movies for Boys who Just Love Baseball
- Best Baseball Books: Tales of Modern and Past Baseball
- Fabulous Gifts for the Baseball Lover
Want to write about your favorite team and have thousands see your story? Contact Stiletto Sports to submit your piece! We are completely biased and love shamless team promotion here! Is there a guide you would like to see for the 2009 MLB series? Leave a comment or shoot me an email and we will try to get it done!