I’m not the biggest beer fan. I know it will shock you when I say that I prefer pretty pink drinks to go with my pretty outfits. Don’t get me wrong, beer’s great. I sure drank enough of it at parties during college. And even now I do get the urge for beer every now and again–especially for a football party, dart night or a cold Blue Moon on a hot Florida day!
But…as we are about to celebrate the biggest beer holiday of the year, I feel bad about neglecting my beloved cocktails! One great suggestion that I read said, start the party off with a themed cocktail before switching over to beer. Maybe something football inspired…or Arizona Cardinals Punch! I decided to compile a list of the best of the best in Super Bowl Party Cocktail ideas.
Warning: This will make you very, very thirsty. They all sound really yummy!
**Update: If you are looking for awesome football themed or football inspired cocktail recipes for your football party, also check out out new NFL Team Inspired Cocktail Guide! 32 teams, 32 different drink recipes!
Also, see Super Bowl XLIV Game Day Recipes & Cocktails for drink ideas for the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints
- 4 oz bourbon
- 8 oz lemonade
- 8 oz iced tea (unsweetened)
- Combine bourbon with iced tea in a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Strain equal parts into two glasses filled with ice.
- Top with lemonade.
Quarterback Sack shots
(Makes four 1 1/2-ounce servings.)
- 2 oz gin
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz triple sec
- 4 oz bloody mary mix
- Splash tonic water
- In a mixing glass half-filled with ice, combine all ingredients except tonic water.
- Strain into four shot glasses.
- Top with tonic water.
(Makes two 4-ounce servings.)
- 4 oz apple cider
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz apple brandy
- 1/2 lemon
- Squeeze lemon into shaker of ice.
- Add cider and spirits, shake well.
- Strain into two rocks glasses filled with ice cubes.
First and Ten
(Makes two 9-ounce servings)
- 3 oz gin
- 2 oz orange juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz lime juice
- Dash grenadine
- Splash soda water or seltzer
- Float dark rum
- Combine all fruit juices and gin in a large shaker half filled with ice.
- Strain into two Collins glasses filled with ice.
- Top with grenadine, soda water and rum.
- 1 1/2 oz 1800 Tequila
- 1/2 oz Rose’s lime juice
- 4 oz orange juice
- Pour grenadine over chilled glass–(if using glass with ice, make sure some settles at bottom of glass)
- Add tequila, orange juice, and lime juice into shaker with ice & shake thoroughly.
- Pour over ice and grenadine. Pretty!
ok I’m not saying this sounds the most delicious, I just thought the name was hysterical. Especially when I read the ingredients.
- 1 oz strawberry wine
- 1 oz grapefruit soda
- 1 liter cranberry juice
- 1 liter ginger ale
- Orange Juice
- Lemon Juice
- and then I’d add a whooooole lotta vodka and some sherbert like we did back in the day in college
- 10 cups red wine
- 6oz champagne
- 10 cups of brandy
- 2 cups white rum
- 1/2 cup Sweet Vermouth
- 3 cups club soda
- 10 freshly squeezed lemons mixed with
- half a cup of sugar
- mix in big bowl with ice
- get straw
- say goodnight. You won’t even care who wins!
And now, my personal favorite….
The Evil Jungle Princess!
Yes, I realize there are no jungles in the deserts of Arizona. However, this recipe is from Malee’s Thai Bistro, a restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona! And as if the name of the cocktail wasn’t enough of a hook for me to drink massive amounts of it, the picture was just so pretty I couldn’t pass it up!
Unfortunately, they did not give ratios. Then again, those are mearly guidelines anyway! Pour till it tastes good is my motto. Of course that is also why I’m banned from making margaritas because….well….bad things happen. Leave it at that. Although Margarita Jen is quite entertaining.
- Thai chile-infused vodka **try Absolut Peppar Vodka or if you have two weeks you can make your own!
- Cranberry juice
- Splashes of lime
- Splash of pineapple juices
**I did find this other site that gives a little more info: Thai Cosmo Recipe
For Pittsburgh Steelers Fans:
No seriously. They do not believe in cocktails. But why should they? They have Iron City Beer!
I did find a the Steel Helmet but it’s a milk based drink and those + Super Bowl food + beer = very, very, very bad idea!
However, I do not believe a party is a party without a pink drink somewhere so here ya go:
- 4 oz vodka
- 8 oz Sprite soda
- 4 oz peach & papaya juice
Put all together and shake, rattle & roll!
- 2 oz Blavod vodka (aka black vodka.)
- 1 oz Goldschlager (cinnamon liquor with gold flakes!)
- Pour the Blavod into ice filled shaker and shake it good.
- Strain into a chilled glass
- Top with Goldschlager so the flakes float all around! Sparkly!
Stay tuned for great Super Bowl snacks!
like these drinks? Remember to check out our NFL Team Inspired Cocktail Guide!