It’s time to fuggedabout the traditional football party food of hot wings and chili for your Super Bowl XLVI party! This New York Giants Big Game Day Menu is taking the traditional and giving it some New York City style and Flair!
This year’s Super Bowl features the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. Both teams come from areas rich with regional food staples making game day truly delicious! I must apologize in advance for the overabundance of NY Giants menu items but being a displaced New Yorker, there are lots of foods I miss all the time and had to share them! Also check out the New England Patriots Super Bowl Party Menu for even more recipes!
The Ultimate New York Giants Super Bowl XLVI Big Game Party Menu
- SUPER BOWL SNACK: NYC Street Vendor Table
- PREGAME: The Big Blue & The Manning Special & The Big Blue Beer Cocktail
- 1st QUARTER: Bagel & Pastrami Dip and Pizza Dip
- 2nd QUARTER: Everything Bagel Chicken Wings & The Chicken Wing Cupcake (yes, you read those right!)
- HALFTIME: New York Giant Italian Meatball Burger
- THIRD QUARTER: New York Giants Manhattan Clam Chowder & Pizza Chili
- FOURTH QUARTER: New York Giant Cheesecake & Eli Manning Lace Cookies
SUPER BOWL SNACK
New York City is known for its street food. There are vendors on every corner selling everything from dirty-water-dogs to gyros. So why not recreate that feel at your party? Set up a little NYC food cart full of all the fun “typical” NYC fares: popcorn, hot pretzels, pizzas, roasted nuts, and make little mini-hot dogs or pigs in blankets. Be creative!
A sophisticated Manhattan with blueberries!
- 2 oz rye whiskey
- 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes bitters
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with blueberries
The Manning Special from Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa.
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small lime wedge
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 2 oz chilled club soda
Muddle 15 blueberries with the lime wedge and sugar. Add the gin and ice and shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice, top with the club soda and grenadine, and garnish with the remaining blueberries.
The Big Blue Beer Cocktail
- 1 ounce rye
- 1 ounce blood orange purée
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Blue Moon beer, or any citrusy beer
- 1 pretzel stick, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine first 4 ingredients and shake with ice. Strain over fresh ice into a tall glass and top with beer. Garnish with a pretzel stick and serve during the Big Game.
New York City style Pizza and Bagels are the two things I miss most living in Florida so I’m giving you two favorite New York City inspired dips! Okay and a third dip too: White Castle Dip!
New York Giants Pastrami & Bagel Dip
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 tbsp. (heaping) dillweed
- 1 tbsp. Accent
- 1 sm. onion, diced
- 2 pkgs. corned beef or pastrami! chopped
- Garlic to taste
- Bagels, cut in bite-size pieces
Mix together; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with the cut-up bagels. Very important to use Hellmann’s mayonnaise – the taste won’t be the same if not. You can add saurkrauet if you like also, I haven’t tried that but it seems like it would work!
- 1 15oz. can pizza sauce
- 2 8oz. packages cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 8oz. package sliced pepperonit
- 1 3.8oz can of olives, drained, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Bagel chips, garlic toast or pizza dough sticks
- Cut cream cheese into cubes, chop olives, pepperoni. Shred cheese if necessary
- Mix pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives together
- Put cream cheese into slow cooker. Pour over sauce mix and top with shredded cheese. Cover and cook 1.5-2 hours until cheese is melted
White Castle Vidalia Dip If you don’t know what a White Castle burger is, you need to get yourself to Long Island ASAP. Or hit up your local grocery store since they now have these square patties of goodness in the frozen food aisle! There is something so…… naughty…..about White Castle burgers that is just impossible to dupliate. Maybe it’s the square patty. Maybe it’s the fried onions. All I know is the combo is potent and highly addicting. And now they’ve taken the happinees of White Castle and packed it into the perfect party dip! Get the Recipe!
First, I was already beyond excited about the Everything Bagel Chicken Wings! Then, I discovered the Chicken Wing Cupcake. Yes, a Chicken Wing CUPCAKE. And even better, it was invented in Albany, NY not to far from where I am from so I had to share it with you!
I know you are picturing that chicken wing in a pile of sweet frosting: gross. But it’s not! Anyone who watches Cupcake Wars knows these typically confectionery treats have entered the savory world! The Chicken Wing Cupcake is actually a corncake covered with blue cheese frosting and topped with a chicken wing! Check out CoccaDotts Cake Shop on Facebook for more info! I also found a Chicken Wing Cupcake Recipe that isn’t overly complicated to make: The Chicken Wing Cupcake Recipe
I have been craving New York City bagels for months. You can not get a good bagel in Florida that’s for sure. And everything bagels are my favorite thing since chicken wings so imagine my delight in finding a recipe that combines BOTH! Best idea ever!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- a few shakes of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended — McCormick’s)*
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed *
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame seeds *
- 2 1/2 pounds of chicken wings
*mix all together in a small bowl and save some to sprinkle on top of wings after they are cooked!
Mix together mayo, hot sauce and Bagel Spices in a large bowl. Add raw chicken wings to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Let marinate overnight. Arrange wings on a broiler pan and shake a little more bagel spice over the wings, bake for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees, turning them halfway through (you could also throw these on the grill).
Dipping ideas: pick your favorite cream cheese like onion & chive or for me, bacon scallion. Then dilute it just a little. I used sour cream and it worked to make it a more creamy sauce to dunk it. But you can schmear it!
The New York Giant Italian Meatball Burger Gotta love the name of this one! Instead of a traditional burger, this one is made like a meatball and then covered in your favorite Italian gravy and gooey cheeses! Forget the hot meatball sandwich! This is even better!
- 8 ounces sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 (2-ounce) Italian bread rolls, split
- 3/4 cup fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- Prepare grill.
- Remove casings from sausage. Combine sausage, oregano, basil, salt, fennel seeds, garlic powder, and ground sirloin. Divide beef mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes. Turn patties over; grill 2 minutes. Divide fresh mozzarella cheese evenly over patties, and grill an additional 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce and top half of roll.
Like I said in the New England Patriots Big Game Day Recipe Guide, this Super Bowl it’s time to fuggedabout the chili! This year it’s all about: Soup-Er Bowl XLVI: Manhattan vs. New England Clam Chowders!
However, if you really can’t make it through the Big Game Party without some chili, I found you a Pepperoni Pizza Chili with Pizza Crust Oyster Crackers: Get the recipe here!
- 4 ounce(s) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can(s) (10 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can(s) (15 ounces) whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) lemon pepper
- 1 can(s) (6 ounces) minced clams with juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Sauté the baconuntil lightly browned. Add the onion and celery and sauté until the onion is transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the clam juice, tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaves, and lemon pepper. Cover the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the clams and simmer the soup for 5 minutes more. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Discard the bay leaves. Top each serving with the parsley.
I almost feel guilty for giving you the stereotypical New York Style Cheesecake as your game day dessert but there is a reason why it’s the Official State Dessert (at least in my mind). It’s like a cake of heavenly goodness!
Also, I found an article about Eli Mannings favorite cookies: His mother’s Lace Cookies. They would make a great addition to your Super Bowl Party dessert list! And they are super easy. Get Eli Manning’s Lace Cookie Recipe here
New York Giants Cheesecake
The recipe is for a traditional NY style cheesecake. I also like Ricotta Cheesecake. The trick to making this New York Giants inspired is the toppings. You can go with fresh fruit or the ooey gooey yummy syrupy toppings. Pick blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to create your ultimate New York Giants Cheesecake!
- 5 packages full fat cream cheese
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 large eggs, gently beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Prepared graham cracker crust (or you could make your own if you are baking savvy unlike myself)
In one bowl, gently mix cream cheese with sugar, salt and flour. Add vanilla and eggs with a mixer on low. Beat just enough to make it smooth and lump free. Do Not Overbeat!
- Pour cheesecake batter into crust.
- Make a bain-marie (a fancy way of saying fill a separate baking dish with about 2inches of water and place you cheesecake filled pan in that water. One tip, wrap your cheesecake pan in tinfoil too before putting it in the water. You want the hot water to come about half way up the cheesecake pan.)
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until center is set, but still jiggles a little when moved. Shut oven off and let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and take it out of the water bath. Run a knife along the outside edge of the cheesecake. Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes and then pop into fridge to chill.
- Unmold cheesecake carefully. Cover with cherries, raspberries, strawberries or blueberries!
What are YOU making for Game Day? Do you have a great New England Patriots inspired recipe you want to share? Leave a comment below or on Facebook! We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to check out the complete Tailgating Guide which is filled with other football and NFL Team Inspired Recipes!
- Super Chili Recipes
- NFL Team Inspired burger recipes
- Unique Chicken wing recipes
- football party dips,
- Sliders and mini-burger recipes
- NFL Team Inspired Cocktail recipes