It’s finally here. After six long months…..football is back! And it’s going to be better than ever!
First, I must apologize for the delay in this post. I’ve been in the process of moving for the last few months (if you know me, you know it takes me forever to make decisions and it took over 2months for me to find a place to live. And then a frantic two weeks of moving and unpacking. And just got my internet connection back on Friday.) Now that I’m all settled and nested…..HERE WE GO!
Before I get into my picks and all my fun stuff, what games are YOU looking forward to? Which players are you excited to see? What game day recipes are you cooking up? And of course, what game day goddess outfit are you rocking? Leave me a comment below or over on the Stiletto Sports Facebook Fan page and let me know!
As for me, of course the game I’m all hyped up about is the New York Jets and the Dallas Cowboys. Can’t wait to see Marky Mark and his funky Jets bunch again! Although, I’m bummed that it’s the 8:20pm game. I have to work tomorrow! Boo for that!
I’m also really looking forward to the St Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles. Unfortunately I think the Rams will be pecked to death by the Eagles (do Eagles peck?) but I’m really looking forward to seeing what Sam Bradford is going to do this season.
I’m also intrigued by the Tampa Bay Bucs and the Detroit Lions game. We were actually going to go to the game but well, my dad was in town visiting and it’s just been a crazy week. Thankfully my boy Erik has NFL RedZone (heading over there shortly) so we can actually see the Bucs game as it’s blacked out in the Tampa Bay area…again. But Erik is a Michigan boy through and through so he is Go Lions! And I’ll admit, I want the Lions to win as well.
As for what I’m cooking and wearing…well, like I said, I just moved. Which means I have a lot of take out leftovers and not much else in my fridge! Luckily, I made sure my Stiletto Sports “I Love New York Jets” tank top was the first thing I unpacked in my closet!
Opening Day Picks:
So last season, I ended the pick ‘em regular season at: 132-108 (not including Week 1) so I ended at over 55%, which is apparently pretty good. My best week was Week 14 where I picked 12 Winners! Go me! This season I am all about total domination. Or at least shooting for 155 right guesses!
- Atlanta Falcons vs Chicago Bears Chicago Bears. I’m going against the grain here as everyone I know is picking the Falcons. And I should too but this week I’m picking with my heart and going for all the teams my friends and family like! This one is for Mike @dailyshotofcoffee.com
- Cincinnati Bengals vs Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns This one is for my friend Heather, who is from right outside of Cleveland
- Buffalo vs Kansas City Chiefs Chiefs. I let my dad pick this game. Let’s see how he does!
- Philadelphia Eagles vs St. Louis Rams St. Louis Rams. Sam! Sam! He’s my man! If he can’t do it… that means stupid Michael Vick Can. If you have been following me for awhile, you know how much I love Sam Bradford. Which means I’m a Ram-a-lam-a fan.
- Detroit Lions vs. Tampa Bay Bucs Lions. Because I’m going to a Detroit fans house, I have love for the Lions and the Bucs piss me off every season because of all the blackouts due to low ticket sales. If you live in this area, you know how hard hit the economy is and how $35 starting ticket prices, in addition to the drive, parking prices and everything else, is just not something most people can do.
- Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Jaguars. This is going to be a great rivalry matchup. I know Blythe from @GuysGirl.com is foaming at the mouth for this game. And since she is a huge Teal fan, I’m picking this one for her!
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens Ravens. Do you even have to ask? My hatred of the Steelers is legendary.
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans Colts. Hmmm. I know this is a sucker bet since Peyton Manning is not in. But I’m picking them because if the Colts can win without him, there is a chance I may actually begin to like the team!
- NY Giants vs Washington Redskins Giants. Being that today is 9-11, I think the Giants deserve to win. Even if I don’t like them. Come on G-Men. ****UPDATE: I apologize for not realizing who the Giants were playing and WHERE the game was being played. I was in a rush and just automatically went for NY not realizing that it was Washington and they are just as deserving of the win. I am sorry for that.
- Seattle Seahawks San Francisco 49ers Seahawks. At least I think that’s who I picked…. This is definitely the game I couldn’t care less about.
- Minnesota Vikings vs. San Diego Chargers Vikings. Oh wait, THIS is the game I couldn’t care less about. I’m only going Vikings because I have zero reason to like the Chargers now that Sproles went marching to the Saints. Love that little guy.
- Carolina Panthers vs. Arizona Cardinals Cardinals. I swear to God if the Cardinals do not beat the stupid Panthers, I am done with them. They have one shot with me this season. I don’t care how much I love Larry Fitzgerald or how excited I am that they finally got a QB that understands how awesome Fitzy is (can’t wait to see what Kevin Kolb can do with Fitz)y, if Carolina wins, the Cardinals are dead to me.
DALLAS COWBOYS at NEW YORK JETS J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
My 4 Reasons Why:
- I love New York
- I love Mark Sanchez
- The game is being played in New York on a very epic and emotionally charged day. The fans are going to be rapid and that stadium is going to be loud and full of life and vibrancy that I doubt any team can overcome
- The Cowboys are stupid.
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:
New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins Patriots. I have no idea why, but I really don’t like the Dolphins.
Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Broncos Although I will not be watching this game since it doesn’t even start till 10:20 pm and I work early Tuesday!
And there you have it! My outstandingly awesome picks of the week!
Normally I would give some game day recipes but I have 20 minutes to go landscape the yard and shower before game time! So I’ll turn you over to my three favorite STILETTO SPORTS NFL GAMEDAY RECIPE GUIDE Posts!
and of course, Game Day Chicken Wing Recipes!!!