Looks like I’ll be doing my picks a few days early from now on since there are Thursday matchups again! Totally missed the memo that there was a game last Thursday and didn’t lock my picks in time! But that’s okay, I would have picked Baltimore over Atlanta and would have lost anyway.
So last week I attempted to get as many wrong as possible. Not intentionally, I just predicted that I was going to have a horrible pick ‘em week because of the matchups. Sometimes I refuse to pick teams even though I know they will win, just because I hate them.
I actually didn’t do as bad as I thought. Yes, I missed Thursdays game. But the 1:00 games of Week 10 I kinda rocked out on. Only missed the Lions and the Titans.
But the 4:00 Games….. um. I didn’t get a single one. Seriously. Though neither did Erik Sweetland so I’m okay with it. And really, did anyone think the Cowboys were going to beat the Giants? Didn’t think so.
I picked New England over Pittsburgh, which was a ballsy move but it played out. But I did pick the Redskins over the Eagles in MNF which was just plain stupid. So I ended with…. 6! (out of 14…) Wooo! But I did pull closer in the Stiletto Sports Pick ‘Em League. I’m only 4 points behind the leader!
Real quick. The NFL seriously should have to approve Thursday games through me. First off, I work every Thurs till midnight. Second, Grey’s Anatomy, hello!
This week is going to be insanity. All teams are playing again, no one on the bye. That means 16 action packed games and there are a lot of very key matchups!
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (8:20 p.m.)
Chicago Bears vs. Miami Dolphins Chicago Bears The longer I’m a Jets fan, the more I understand the importance of rooting against other teams in the Jets division.
SUNDAY FUNDAY FOOTBALL
- Buffalo Bills (1-8) vs. Cincinnati Bengals (2-7) Is it wrong of me that I’m going to be cheering my ass off for the Bills to win this? The Bills have been trying really hard the last few weeks. A few OT losses against the big names and then finally their first win of the season last week against the Lions. I just think their momentum may push them through this game. The Bengals just don’t seem to want to win this season.
- Detroit Lions (2-7) vs Dallas Cowboys (2-7) Lions. Well, they are both 2-7! Lions could do it. I think its iffy at best. Cowboys are riding on a high horse after beating the Giants last week and the Lions….well, they gave the Bills their first win of the season last week. But I really want the Lions to win so that has to count for something right?
- Washington Redskins (4-5) vs Tennessee Titans (5-4) Interesting. Both lost key matchup games last week. The Redskins were downright embarrassed by the beating from Michael Vick and the Eagles. I’d like to think they are going to comeback big time this week but uh, well, their luck of the season may have run out.
- Arizona Cardinals (3-6) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (5-4) Kansas City. Okay Arizona, you had your chances. I told you last week that if you lost, you were done and I would no longer pick you. Sorry. Both teams landed themselves on my Biggest Disappointments of the NFL 2010 list this week. Let’s see who tries to get themselves off the list. Go Chiefs! Oh, but, I hope Larry Fitzgerald has an awesome game.
- Green Bay Packers (6-3) vs. Minnesota Vikings (3-6) Green Bay. On one hand, I would really like the Vikings to win because it would drop the Packers down in the ranks. On the other hand, I think it’s hysterical that the Vikings and Brett Favre suck so bad this year.
- Houston Texans (4-5) vs. NY Jets (7-2) Jets. Also, Jets, can you please not scare the crap out of me this week? Can you just please have a pounding win? My heart can’t handle another OT like last week. Thanks.
- Oakland Raiders (5-4) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) Raiders. Another risky (and probably stupid) pick. Both teams and their fans scare me silly. Raiders are scrappy little bastards though. And I think they are quite happy to have a winning record. I really want to see them pull this out. Can they? Ha! Sure.
- Baltimore Ravens (6-3) vs. Carolina Panthers (1-8) Ravens I’m convinced the Bills are going to get win number 2 this week. That would leave Carolina as the only one win team. I’m okay with that.
- Cleveland Browns (3-6) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-4) Browns. I promised my co-worker, and the city of Cleveland that if the Browns let the Jets win last week, I would pick them for a while so I’m gonna honor that! I also want to see what Colt McCoy can do.
geez, there are a lot of games this week….. i’m tired just thinking about it….
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-3) vs San Francisco 49ers (6-3) Tampa Bay They made it onto my biggest surprise hits of the season list, hopefully they stay there!
- Seattle Seahawks (5-4) vs New Orleans Saints (6-3) Saints.
- Atlanta Falcons (7-2) vs. St. Louis Rams (4-5) Rams. Sam and his team are better at home than on the road. And last week he did a dang good job getting the team in OT in the final seconds of regulation. Granted, it was against the 49ers….
- Indianapolis Colts (7-2) vs. New England Patriots (6-3) Well crap. I don’t want to pick the Patriots. The more the Pats lose, the better it is for the Jets. But I definitely don’t want to pick the Colts since I do not like them. I know that Erik Sweetland will be picking the Colts since he 1. loves them 2. foams at the mouth like a rabid dog with someone says the words “New England.” Since he is the one beating me by 4 points in the Pick Em league I think I should go against him and go Pats…..
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
NY Giants (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (6-3) These two teams hate me. No, seriously. Everytime I pick the Giants, they lose. If I don’t pick them, they win. Same with the Eagles. So basically, whichever team I commit to this week, the other will most certainly win.
This is going to be a HUGE matchup, even more so than the always anticipated Colts-Pats game. Both teams are 6-3 and battling for the top of the NFC East. The Giants just got whooped by the freaking crappy Cowboys, while the Eagles whooped the Redskins big time last Monday.
I’m going to stew on this one for the next few days but right now I’m thinking Eagles.
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Denver Broncos (3-6) vs. San Diego Chargers (4-5)
And this would be the game of the week that I couldn’t care less about. How this is the MNF game is beyond me, though I’m sure there is some huge rivalry thing going on. But um, both teams suck this year. Who cares? Kinda glad I’ll be working Monday night and won’t be watching!
Oh yeah, a pick. Um. Denver? Sure, why not.