The executive board is currently filled. Please check out our other fan-tastic internships and writing opportunities!
As the website and magazine expand, we are looking for writers to cover a variety of topics from sports to fashion and everything in between! To become a contributing writer simply submit a short cover letter and examples of your work and/or website to Assignment_Desk@stilettoSetsports.com. Be sure to mention what areas you are interested in covering.
Once your submission has been received we will review it as soon as possible. To be considered for publication, you must meet our writing guidelines, target audience, and editor’s pink, sparkly personal taste.
Featured Columns & Blogs
We’re always on the hunt for fierce and fabulous columnists/bloggers to feature on Stiletto Sports. Have a fan-tastic blog that you think the fans of Stiletto Sports must read? Send your link to the editor so she check you out! If your blog meets our writing guidelines and target audience we will be happy to promote you here as a Featured Blog!
No blog? No problem! We can create your own custom column right here on Stiletto Sports and help syndicate your work!
To become a Featured Column or Blog:
- Send your URL and brief cover letter about why you should be the new hot featured blog
- OR….if you don’t have a blog, please send no less than FIVE examples of your writing plus a cover letter detailing your style and how it meshes with Stiletto Sports to:
Going to a game? Snap some pictures and send them to Stiletto Sports! We’ll publish a personal photo essay of your experience with full credit and links back to your own website. No website? Um. Send them anyway as a generous donation to the Beautification of the Stiletto Sports Foundation. No, that is not tax-deductible. But it will make us look pretty!
We are looking for highly motivated individuals that have the ability to juggle several assignments at once. We love creative students, wanting to gain exposure to a magazine setting and learn more about the business.
We expect our interns to hit the ground running in their stilettos (or sneakers, we are equal opportunity shoe careerists….) We prefer candidates who are working towards a degree in journalism, English or communications. But we recognize that most great writers and editors run screaming from that kind of stuff accounting majors, feel free to apply too.
Students who are active with campus publications should definitely apply….you know, in all your free time…. On second thought, nevermind. We know how sleep deprived you are.
We have four sports-seasonal internships: Baseball (Feb-Oct), Football (Aug-Feb), NBA Basketball (Oct-June), NCAA Basketball (Oct-April). Shorter seasonal internships can be negotiated.
The unpaid position requires a commitment of 10-20 hours per week and is entirely tele-commute. Unless you live in the Tampa Bay area or have the overwhelming desire to move to Southwest Florida in which case you may come chill work diligently in the office. (Note: relocation is not paid for!)
- Fact-checking written material
- Assisting editors with story research
- Reporting and contributing articles on a semi-frequent basis (Hint: if you are good, this could lead to a Featured Column on the website or in the magazine)
Successful candidates must:
- Be detail-oriented & responsible.
- Curious with an insatiable thirst for knowledgeable (in other words if you shun Wikipedia, this is not for you!)
- Be familiar and skilled in AP Stylebook and the Elements of Style
- And of course, love sports fashion shoes hottie athletes words and be clever writers.
To apply, email a cover letter with references and writing or editing samples to:
editor@stilettoSetsports.com Remember to specify which sports-season you are interested in!
Our PR/Marketing Internship is dedicated to getting the Stiletto Sports name out to the public. You would be working directly with the editor to help promote the website, the magazine and the blog.
- Possess outstanding communication skills and a track record of building longstanding relationships.
- Have full working knowledge of all social bookmarking sites like Stumble Upon, Reddit, Digg,
- Be innovative, confident, dedicated, and reliabile
- Love to write press releases!
- Be able to analyze stats, figures and data to give weekly and monthly reports (i.e. Google Analytics, AWStats, Alexa, etc).
- Be familiar and skilled in all social medias including Twitter, Facebook, Myspace.
That’s right, we said Twitter, Facebook & Myspace! A majority of the internship will be spent working the social medias and getting the name out! Huge bonus if you can make Ashton Kutcher (@aplusk) and Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) notice us and RT something!
This is not a paid internship, but we do offer lots of perks! College credit is highly encouraged. The hours are flexible, but do go along with the editorial intern calendar.
To apply please email resume and examples of your work or your social media account names to: firstname.lastname@example.org