Looking for awesome gift ideas for the NFL fans and football lovers in your life? Well, look no further! I’ve complied a list of over 50 of the best, most unique gifts that any NFL junkie would love to have. From unique Helmet-Hat Fan Gear and tailgating kits, to must-read football books and ultimate gift baskets, this list will give you an idea for every football fanatic on your list!
If your boyfriend, husband, brother or friend loves football and you don’t know what to get them for the holidays or birthday, let us help! And, there is even a great section just for ladies!
Please let me know if there is something you think should be added to the list. Also, let me know what you are hoping Santa (or the Holiday Armadillo) is bringing you this year! Leave a comment below or send me a tweet @StilettoSportsJ. Or if you are a fan of Stiletto Sports on Facebook, drop me a comment over there! Not a fan? Become a Stiletto Sports Fan now!
Because the post is so long, I sub-categoried all the NFL/Football Gift Ideas. So click on any picture and it will jump you to that category/section.
- NFL Team Complete History DVDs Teams like the Cowboys and the Giants have a long storied history in the NFL and these collector’s DVDs provide an in-depth look and the highs, lows and everything in between about your favorite football teams!
- The Greatest NFL Players and Coaches: A tribute to the best of the best of NFL legends broken down into sections: The Intimidators, The Pioneers, The Game Breakers, and of course, The Men Behind The Men–the coaches.
- NFL Super Bowl Team Collector DVD: Relive the Steelers Super Bowl XLIII win or travel back to the New York Giants championship run. These DVDs are a great way to commemorate the highs of your team’s history.
- NFL Super Bowl I-XL Collector DVD: It does end at Super Bowl 40 but it’s a great anthology of the history of the NFL.
- Football Themed Movies like Rudy, Brian’s Song, The Replacements, Invincible…..
NFL/Football Themed Books
The Blind SideSports Illustrated: The Football Book: On the heels of the successful Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary Book comes a spectacular celebration of professional football that will be treasured by fans of America+s Game. With the same kind of unforgettable photographs and award-winning writing that made the SI+s 50th Anniversary Book a best-seller, this lavish coffee-table volume brings to life the bone-rattling action of NFL football and the extraordinary athletes who have made it America+s true national pastime. In 256 oversized pages, The Football Book commemorates the dynasties and the dominating players, the crucial plays and classic games, the personalities and performances that propelled the NFL during SI+s first 50 years of publication, from a marginal, ragtag league to the biggest game in town.
The Football Game I’ll Never Forget: 100 Stories from the NFLs biggest stars.
The Catch: One play, Two Dynasties and the Game that Changed the NFL Relieve the moment of “The Catch,” a moment that is burned into every NFL lover’s brain, even those that weren’t even born when it happened.
UnCommon: Finding Your Path to Significance: This book is from Tony Dungy, one of the NFL’s best coaches of all-time and is a definite must-read for any sports fan, not just football lovers.
Monday Morning Quarterback: A fully caffeniated guide to everything you need to know about the NFL!
How Football Explains America: I just love the name of this title, and so will your football lover!
Why Fantasy Football Matters and Our Lives don’t: Actually, forget getting this for the fantasy football lover, get this for their spouses and significant others to read so maybe they can finally understand the obsession!
Committed: Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie: Any fantasy footballer will tell you that FF is like a drug: highly addicting and when the season is over, you experience major withdrawal!
Fun & Unique Football Themed Gifts
NFL Fan Face Masks: For serious fanatics only. These things are creepy. Yet, strangely wonderful. Instead of having to put on war paint for every game, your fan just throws on this already painted mask to terrify his opponents……
NFL Team Ultimate Fan Fleece Helmet Hat: Is it a helmet? Is it a hat? It’s both! This fleece Helmet Hat will keep your head warm on those cold fall Sundays, and perplex everyone around you since they look just like helmets… only they are fleece!
NFL Team Fleece Pullover “Helmet” Hoodie”: If you like the helmet hat, you are going to love this! It’s a Helmet-Hat-Hoodie! Instead of a normal hoodie on the sweatshirt, these are designed to look like your team’s helmet! Very fun twist on the traditional NFL gear.
NFL Jerseys: I’m going to send you over to the Stiletto Sports Top 20 NFL Jerseys for 2009 post so you can see the complete rundown of who’s hot now!
Unique NFL Tees: There are a millions of different NFL team tees. I found three of my favorite unique ones that are actually stylish!
- NFL Fan For life: Choose your team and it’s logo will appear in the “O” of “for live”
- Reebok NFL Rebel Fire Fly: The tattoo graphic has a bright pop of color that says “[Your Team’s City} Football” and your team’s name is emblazoned across the chest. Very cool!
- NFL Defensive Coordinator Tee The description says: “The buttery-soft hand of this fashion fit tee is perfectly complemented by the weathered screenprinted graphics” I don’t know about all that, I just know the shirt is HOT!
MY NFL Monopoly: Own the NFL and make it YOURS! You Choose 22 of the 32 NFL teams and place them on the game board. Which teams will you choose? Where will they go? Who reigns supreme and deserves Boardwalk? Park Place? Baltic? It’s your say which teams play! So, set it up your way. Then. . . buy, sell and trade your favorite teams in an effort to own and control the NFL, a football fan’s fantasy.
MY Fantasy Football Players Monopoly: The My Fantasy NFL Player’s Edition of the Monopoly game is the first Monopoly game where YOU control the athletes as you decide which of the 105 NFL athletes are on Boardwalk, Park Place and every other property square. Enjoy the Monopoly fantasy of buying, selling and trading your favorite NFL athletes in a quest to own and control the NFL.
NFL Team Collector Monopoly From Green Bay to New York (both Jets and Giants!) and Oakland to Miami, there are custom Monopoly games for most NFL teams!
NFL Super Bowl Champ Collector Monopoly Play a game in honor of the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII win or the New York Giants Super Bowl 42. There are also games for the Colts and the Rams!
NFL Gridiron Trivia Challenge: Monday Morning Quarterback? If you love the NFL and think you know football better than anyone else, here’s your chance to prove it with the new NFL Gridiron Trivia Challenge board game. To win, you’ll need more than football knowledge and luck on your side because strategy is what separates this unique trivia game from the pack. Every move must be calculated – offense or defense – just like the real thing. For NFL fans who think they’ve got game, it’s time to snap on your chin strap, adjust your shoulder pads and start calling the plays in the new NFL Gridiron Trivia Challenge. 1,500 questions, 5 categories and only one winner!
- NFL Cookie Pot Bouquets Make a great centerpiece for NFL parties! The bouquet is done up in your team colors with a team flag across the front. And the pot is filled with delicious cookies! They also have Football Themed Cookie Bouquet that has football shaped cookies, football player shaped cookies, game day decor and a ceramic football container.
- NFL Team Ultimate Snack Attack Baskets You pick your NFL team, they fill the wicker basket with tons of goodies! There is an NFL Car Flag NFL Garden Flag, Touchdown Frosty Mug, Soft Football, and Touchdown Spreaders (Set of 4). And then…. there is Cheese Spread, American Gourmet Caramel Corn, American Gourmet Butter Pretzel Dip N Sticks, Brent & Sam’s Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies, Tailgater Seasoning (Char Grill, Chipotle, Southern Hickory, and Lemon Pepper & Herbs), and Roasted Onion Crackers.
- Ultimate Tailgating Football Party Basket: This basket is bursting with goodies like: Buffalo Bills Chips, Salsa, an assortment of sweet and spicy nuts, beef jerky and MORE! There is even a Nerf football for fun!
- Chocolate Covered Football Strawberries: This is my personal favorite football fan gift. I mean, hellllloooooo, it’s chocolate covered strawberries designed to look like footballs! Yes please!
Football GameDay Crock Pot: You can’t have a football Sunday Funday without chili and this football themed crockpot is the perfect way to cook up the weekly batch!
NFL Soup Toureen/Cookie Jar: Fill you favorite NFL team with hot soup or your favorite homemade cookies! Perfect holder for game day snacks!
Football Shaped Snack Bowl: The Football Snack Bowl will SHOCK your friends as it transforms from looking and feeling like a real football into a snack bowl. Just press the air inflation button and the top of the football swings open and plays the FOX NFL THEME music. After you reach in to get your snack the football will automatically close.
house rules football glasses: These pint-sized glasses are perfect for the football party host/hostess in your life! Each glass features a different rule for guests to obey! House Rule #1: Rooting for the opposing team is a personal foul. House Rule #2: Dip fumbles may result in loss of possession. House Rule #3: No guest shall intercept another guest’s seat. House Rule #4: Extra points for getting your own refills.Sold as a set of 4.
Football Shaped Beer Tumblers: These beer glasses are perfect for any football lover! These tumblers are actually shaped like footballs! They’ll fit perfectly in your hand and keep your beer nice and chilly!
One Shoulder Fashion Jersey: Sleek and stylish these one-shouldered jerseys make a great gift for the NFL loving fashionistas in your life that don’t believe you need to wear a big baggy jersey to show your team loyalty.
Pink NFL Jerseys: Pink jerseys were made popular by Dallas Cowboy Tony Romo’s ex, Jessica Simpson. Some NFL lovers still shudder at the sight of pink jerseys but to the girly-girls like myself, this was the best thing that could happen the NFL…or at least sports fashion!
NFL Fashion by Alyssa Milano: Alyssa’s Touch clothing line began with fan gear for baseball and has now spread to all the major sports. Her line is sporty chic and fashionable. From fun embroidered jeans to sleek satin jackets and fun tops, each piece promotes team loyalty and the latest fashion trends!
Game Day Dazzler Watches: They are pink, sparkly and say “Go [insert favorite team here]!” Need I say more?
NFL/Football Flip Flops: These may not be the best gift for fans that live in Green Bay or Buffalo since it snows there like 11 months out of the year, but these make awesome gifts for the Southern NFL loving girls! Flip-flops covered in plastic footballs!!!
NFL Team Sneakers: These kicks are super cute and….pink (are you starting to see a trend with me? Yes, I heart pink!) Team logo is on the side of the sneakers to show team loyalty with every step she takes!
Game Day Goddess A complete Guide to Football Lingo broken down from a female POV! Love it!
Get Your Own Damn Beer! I’m Watching the Game: A woman’s guide to pro football so she can enjoy the game and not just be the caterer & waitress during them.
Putting on the Blitz : A Game day guide for ladies
Wedded to the Game: Real lives of NFL Women. A look at the women behind the men of the game and all they go through to support them.
- Invincible. It stars Mark Walhberg. Do I really need to say more?
- The Blind Side. Right now it’s still in theaters but a great gift would be a movie night to see this. The movie actually topped Twilight’ Saga’s New Moon in the box office so you know this movie is HUGE.
- NFL Sunday Ticket I’m lucky enough to have a friend that has this and let me tell you, the Sunday’s I spent at home and not at his house totally suck. The NFL has a major lockdown on their games and only show certain ones. NFL Sunday Ticket is the key to unlocking all the games. May I also recommend buying some kick-ass TVs to watch the games on and then #2 on this list:
- NFL DreamSeats & Leather Recliners: So the garish team colors are a little….. garish….. but the seats are wonderful! Squishy, molding to every curve and reclining. Perfect place to spend NFL Sunday Funday!
- Famous Moments in NFL history: This is a great collector’s item gift for NFL lovers. Choose any NFL team from our list and receive a book containing copies of the actual New York Times articles that feature its victories and defeats, dating all the way to 1904. The book is leather bound and can be engraved.
- and of course…. Tickets to a Game. The season is drawing to a close but there is always the post season and…. The Super Bowl! Tickets to a game are definitely one of the best gifts you can give a sports fan.