I’d be lying if I didn’t say my favorite thing about football season is the weekly football party. There is nothing I like more than spending a lazy Sunday chowing down on delicious party food and throwing back some cold drinks. Oh, and watching the games of course.
Most people when they think of Sunday Fundays and tailgating parties, they automatically think of beer. But not this girl! I think pretty party drinks and cocktails. Sure, I can throw back some Coors Light or Mich Ultra from time to time but nothing makes me happier than a fun fruity cocktail! Especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon or Monday night!
So I present to you, all my pink Cosmo loving ladies and gents, 32 NFL Team Inspired Cocktails!
Now, before I lose all the manly men who hide their pink drinks in red plastic cups, not all the drinks in this recipe guide are pinky and frou-frouy. There are some hard core whiskey and brandy drinks. And some cocktails are even beer based! But each cocktail is a guaranteed wow factor for any football party. Each drink is designed to represent the city, mascot or colors of your favorite NFL Team! It’s never too early to start planning for the biggest party day of the year.
If you are planning a big game party, we also have a whole bunch party suggestions from yummy dip recipes and pre-game snacks, to some special football themed cocktails and 17 Unique Chicken Wing Recipes.
32 NFL Team Inspired Cocktails (click on any team name to jump to the cocktail recipe later in the post!)
Atlanta Falcons The Scarlett O’Hara & The Rhett Butler
Arizona cardinals Arizona Sunrise, Arizona Buttkicker, The Desert SandStorm
Baltimore Ravens The Ravens
Buffalo Bills The BDubbz Cure
Carolina Panthers Carolina Iced Tea
Chicago Bears Da Bears-tini
Cincinatti Bengals The Cin-cinatti
Cleveland Browns Blood Orange & Brown or Choco-covered Oranges
Dallas Cowboys The Cowboy Cocktail and Bring it on 6: Don’t Mess with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
Denver Broncos The Mile High City
Detroit Lions The Detroit Lions Paw and Guiness Sangria
Green Bay Packers Old Fashioned Wisconsin
Houstan Texans The Longhorn or Texas Tea
Indianapolis Colts The Colt 45 Cocktail
Jacksonville Jaguars Teal Squeal
Kansas City ChiefsKC Ice Water
Miami Dolphins Miami Mojito
Minnesota Vikings Purple Viking or Screaming Viking
New England Patriots Cranberry Almond Kicker
New Orleans Saints The Storm of the Century
New York Jets The Big Apple-Tini
New York Giants Even Ladies Get the Red White and Blues, Jolly Red Giants
Oakland Raiders Brewski Sangria
Philadelphia Eagles The Eagle, Cacktus Jack, The Clover Club
Pittsburgh Steelers Black & Gold, Pittsburgh Sunset
San Fransisco 49ers The Bay Bomber & The Golden Gate
San Diego Chargers San Diego Seabreeze
St Louis Rams The Missouri Jackass
Seattle Seahawks The Emerald City
Tampa Bay Buccaneers The Fuzzy Pirate or The Angry Pirate
Tennessee Titans Lynchburg Lemonade or Redneck Margarita
Washington Redskins The Washington Apple and The Cherry Blossom
* 1 1/2 oz 1800 Tequila
* 1/2 oz Rose’s lime juice
* 4 oz orange juice
1. Pour grenadine over chilled glass–(if using glass with ice, make sure some settles at bottom of glass)
2. Add tequila, orange juice, and lime juice into shaker with ice & shake thoroughly.
3. Pour over ice and grenadine. Pretty!
ok I’m not saying this sounds the most delicious, I just thought the name was hysterical. Especially when I read the ingredients.
* 1 oz strawberry wine
* 1 oz grapefruit soda
because anyone that’s ever drank a lot of strawberry wine knows it will totally kick your butt!
* Thai chile-infused vodka **try Absolut Peppar Vodka or if you have two weeks you can make your own!
* Cranberry juice
* Splashes of lime
* Splash of pineapple juices
**I did find this other site that gives a little more info: Thai Cosmo Recipe
The Scarlett O’hara
* 2 oz Southern Comfort
* dash of lime juice
* cranberry juice
* lime wedge for garnish
The Rhett Butler
* 2 oz Southern Comfort
* 1/2 oz orange curacao
* 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
* 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
* lemon twist for garnish
The Raven is a dark and mysterious cocktail that I’ve adapted from other recipes. I like this one because it contains ingredients that are more common in bars than those found in other Ravens. The key to this drink is the layer which is rather easy to obtain in this mix as the blue shaken mix is much lighter than the Chambord and they rarely break the layers unless stirred.
* 1 oz vodka
* 1 oz rum
* 1 oz blue curacao
* 1/2 oz Chambord
1. Pour the vodka, rum and blue curacao into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice.
3. Slowly pour the Chambord over the back of a bar spoon so it floats on top.
The Buffalo Wild Wings (BDubbz) Cure
* 2 cups ice cubes
* 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
* 10 tablespoons (5 ounces) light lager, such as Miller High Life
* 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lemon juice
* 5 (1-inch) pieces peeled fresh ginger cut into thin matchsticks
1/2 Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
Or, if you can’t find Firefly try this recipe:
* 1 1/2 parts Southern Comfort®
* 1 part spiced rum
* 1 part peach schnapps
* 1/2 part vodka
* fill with iced tea
* Highball glass
2 parts Kahlúa
1 part Tequila Tezón
Shake in a shaker with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an
–half soda water
Blood Orange and Brown Sugar
2 shots of blood orange vodka
1 blood orange
1/2 shot lime juice
2 cubes brown sugar
2 diced pieces candied ginger
Muddle the blood orange with the vodka, lime juice and brown sugar. Shake with coarse ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a twist of blood orange and diced ginger.
Chocolate Covered oranges
* 2 oz. Gold rum
* ½ oz. Cointreau
* ½ oz. Godiva Liqueur
* Orange twist for garnish
* 3 fresh mint leaves
* Crushed ice
* 1/2 lime, juiced
* 1 shot tequila blanco
* 1 bottle beer (recommended: Corona)
* Fresh mint sprig, for garnish
Directions: Place mint leaves in bottom of highball glass. Fill with crushed ice. Add lime juice, stir, then add the tequila and beer. Garnish with mint sprig.
Bring in on 6: Don’t Mess With The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders
(also known as: All my Ex’s live in Texas Kool-Aid by Miss Charming)
• Half pony the Brandy
• Half pony the Sherry
• Pony the Tequila Rose
• Pony the Strawberry Flavored Vodka
• Fill with sweet-n-sour & cranberry juice
• Strawberry garnish
• Texas size tall cool glass
** pony = an ounce, so half a pony is half an ounce.
They say everything in Texas is big and this drink is no exception. Rustle up a Texas-sized glass of ice and pour in all the ex’s, Brandy, Sherry, and Tequila Rose. Now add the Strawberry Vodka, sweet-n-sour and cranberry juice and stir it up good cowboy. Garnish with a summertime strawberry, stick in a big straw and let your taste buds sample those ex’s one more time.
The Mile High
Muddle the lime wedges and sugar, add ice, and the liquer. Shake and serve on ice.
* 1 part Lychee liqueur
* 1 part Midori® melon liqueur
* 2 Lime wedge
* 2 Sugar
The Lions Paw
* 1 fluid ounce Southern Comfort liqueur
* 1 fluid ounce pineapple juice
* 1 fluid ounce raspberry wine
1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake the Southern Comfort liqueur, pineapple juice, and raspberry wine until well blended. Strain into a martini glass, and garnish with a slice of fruit.
The Guiness Sangria
One of the many unique drink items available at the Detroit Pub is Guinness Sangria. This drink mixes the dark brewed beer with a ruby port wine and is topped with a sprinkle of nutmeg. It has a sweet, rich, almost coffee-like taste to it.
Old Fashioned Wisconsin
* 3 oz brandy
* 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
* 1 tsp sugar
* dash of water
* lemon peel for garnish
1. Place the sugar cube at the bottom of an old-fashioned glass.
2. Saturate the cube with the water and bitters.
3. Muddle these ingredients.
4. Fill the glass with ice cubes.
5. Add the brandy.
6. Stir well.
7. Garnish with a lemon peel.
Texas Tea Punch
* 2 oz tequila
* 2 oz rum
* 2 oz vodka
* 2 oz gin
* 2 oz bourbon
* 2 oz triple sec
* 2 oz sweet and sour mix
2. 3/4 ounce reposado tequila
3. 3/4 ounce light rum
4. 3/4 ounce vodka
5. 3/4 ounce triple sec
6. 2 ounces fresh orange juice
7. 1 ounce fresh lime juice
8. 1 ounce Simple Syrup
9. 1» teaspoons grenadine
10. 1 lime wheel
Fill a pint glass with ice. Add the tequila, light rum, vodka and triple sec to the pint glass and stir well. Add the fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice and Simple Syrup and stir again. Top the cocktail with the grenadine and garnish with the lime wheel.
Colt 45 Cocktail
1.0 oz Gin
2.0 oz Jagermeister
5.0 oz Red Bull
1/2 cup vodka
1/4 cup Blue Curacao liqueur
2 cups ice
1/2 cup pineapples
Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend well. Serve in highball glass. Garnish with pineapple.
Kansas City Ice Water
3/4 oz gin
3/4 oz vodka
1/2 oz lime juice
Pour gin, vodka and lime juice over ice in a highball glass. Fill with 7-up, and serve.
1.25 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum
12 mint leaves
1 tbsp sugar
0.5 oz lime juice
2 oz soda
Place mint leaves in bottom of glass. Add crushed ice, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, sugar, and lime juice, and muddle. Add soda water and garnish with mint leaves.
1 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 oz blueberry liqueur
1 oz sloe gin
1 splash lime juice
1 splash sweet and sour mix
1 splash 7-Up® soda
2 oz vodka
– 1 oz dry vermouth
– 1 oz lime juice
– 1 celery stalk
– 1 spear cucumber
Cranberry Almond Kicker
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup amaretto
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice*
Clementines, peeled, separated into segments (optional)
1. Mix cranberry juice, vodka, amaretto, and orange juice in pitcher.
2. Cover and chill until ready to serve. It can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
3. To make 2 drinks, fill cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in scant 1 cup vodka mixture.
4. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into 2 Martini glasses. Garnish each with clementine segment, if desired. Repeat 3 times with ice cubes, remaining vodka mixture, and clementine segments.
Makes 8 cocktails.
*I used 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice because I liked the tartness it added to the cocktail.
* 1 cup ice cubes
* 1 fluid ounce light rum
* 1 fluid ounce dark rum
* 1 fluid ounce coconut rum
* 1 fluid ounce vodka
* 1 fluid ounce gin
* 1 fluid ounce Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
* 1 fluid ounce triple sec liqueur
* 3 fluid ounces orange juice
* orange slices for garnish (optional)
* maraschino cherry for garnish (optional)
1. Fill a hurricane glass with ice. Add light rum, dark rum, coconut rum, vodka, gin, raspberry liqueur, triple sec and orange juice. Shake gently, and garnish with orange slices and a cherry, if desired. Beverage will be about the color of a pink grapefruit.
Big Apple Tini
1 oz Smirnoff® Green Apple Twist vodka
1 oz Midori® melon liqueur
1 oz sweet and sour mix
Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into cocktail glass, and serve.
even ladies get the red, white and blues
1. 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
2. 1 small lime wedge
3. 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
4. 1 1/2 ounces gin
6. 2 ounces chilled club soda
n a cocktail shaker, muddle 15 of the blueberries with the lime wedge and sugar. Add the gin and ice and shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice, top with the club soda and garnish with the remaining blueberries.
2 part(s) Absolut Ruby Red Vodka – (more)
1/2 part(s) Lemon Juice – (more)
1/2 part(s) Maraska Maraschino Liqueur – (more)
1/4 oz. Pomegranate Juice – (more)
Shake and strain into a martini glass over a brandied cherry, or over ice into a rocks glass.
2 Bartlett pears, peeled and chopped
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Four 12-ounce bottles lager, chilled
1 cup triple sec
2 Bosc pears, sliced, for garnish
1. In a food processor, combine the Bartlett pears with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and process to a puree.
2. Slowly pour the beer into a pitcher. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of lemon juice, the triple sec and the pear puree. Fill pint glasses halfway with ice. Add the sangria and garnish with the Bosc pear slices.
Now, both of these drinks sound a tad bid…. disgusting. They involve egg whites. But that is a huge Philly tradition, apparently. That creates a light frothy foam on the top of the drink that locals swear by. But just in case you aren’t all for the raw egg thing, I threw in a bright green fun drink instead!
* 1 1/2 oz gin
* 3/4 oz creme de violette
* 1 oz lemon
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 egg white
1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a wine glass.
clover club/pink lady
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce grenadine (4 dashes)
Juice of 1/2 medium lemon (1 to 2 tablespoons)
1 large raw egg white
* 1 shot Tequila
* 0.75 shot De Kuyper Blue Curaçao
* 1.25 shots orange juice
* 1 shot pineapple juice
* 0.5 shot lemon juice
Glass : Martini
* 2 oz Blavod vodka (aka black vodka.)
* 1 oz Goldschlager (cinnamon liquor with gold flakes!)
1. Pour the Blavod into ice filled shaker and shake it good.
2. Strain into a chilled glass
3. Top with Goldschlager so the flakes float all around! Sparkly!
Stay tuned for great Super Bowl snacks!
- 4 oz vodka
- 8 oz Sprite soda
- 4 oz peach & papaya juice
The Bay Bomber )
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar.
2 tablespoons ground fennel seeds
1 lime wedge
8 ounces gin
2 cups chilled chopped peeled cucumber
2 cups chilled chopped honeydew melon
6 ounces fresh lemon juice
1 cup honey
5 cups ice
Cucumber wheels and honeydew melon balls, for garnish
- Make the sweet fennel salt: In a medium bowl, mix the kosher salt, sugar and ground fennel seeds.
- Make the cocktail: Moisten half of the outer rim of 6 chilled white wine glasses with the lime wedge and coat lightly with the sweet fennel salt.
- In a blender, combine all of the remaining ingredients except the garnishes and blend until smooth. Pour the drink into the glasses. Garnish the drinks with the cucumber wheels and honeydew melon balls.
The Golden Gate (also known as absolut la la land)
ABSOLUT® Los Angeles is a unique and innovative blend of flavors, just like the city itself. The aromatic
blend of Acai, Acerola, Pomegranate, and Blueberry, is a nod to the city’s trendy, environmentally forward,
and health-conscious ideals. Like all ABSOLUT® Flavors, it is made with 100% natural ingredients, so try some
of these delicious recipes and be one of the few who get to experience ABSOLUT® Los Angeles first-hand.
- 1 1/2 oz. Absolut Los Angeles Vodka
- 1 oz. Cranberry Juice – (more)
- 1 oz. Lemon Lime Soda – (more)
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Juice – (more)
* 12 oz Beer
* 6 oz Light Rum
* 6 oz Frozen Limeade Concentrate
The Emerald City
8 oz Malibu® coconut rum
4 oz Midori® melon liqueur
4 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 splash sweet and sour mix
1 splash Sprite® soda
Pour into an ice filled hurricane glass.
* 1 1/2 oz. Rum, light
* 1 1/2 oz. Schnapps, peach
* 3 oz. Orange Juice
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into glass over crushed ice. Also makes a great frozen drink when blended like a frozen daiquiri. Can also use flavored rums like mango, orange, or anything fruity.
– 1/2 oz peach schnapps
– 1/2 oz coconut rum (malibu)
– 1/2 oz blue hawaiian schnapps
– 1/2 oz melon liqueur (midori, melloni…)
– 1 oz apple juice
– 1 splash chilled soda (7-up, sprite)
1 part Jack Daniel’s® Tennessee whiskey
1 part sweet and sour mix
1 part triple sec
4 parts Sprite® soda
1 oz Jack Daniel’s® Tennessee whiskey
1/2 oz triple sec
fill with margarita mix
Salt the rim of a large rocks glass and fill with ice. Pour in the whiskey, triple sec and margarita mix. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
* 1 oz Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey
* 1 oz sour apple schnapp
* 1 oz cranberry juic
* apple slice for garnis
The Cherry Blossom
– 2 oz Brandy
– 1/2 oz Cherry Brandy
– 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
– 1 oz Triple Sec
– 1 oz Grenadine
– Garnish: Cherry
– Glass : Cocktail Glass
Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with cherry.